Entry Level Landscape Designer
Experience: Entry Level (0-3 years)
City: Fort Myers
Education Requirements: Minimum – Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture
Travel Required: Limited (project/office-related travel)
Description: Morris-Depew Associates, Inc. is offering immediate availability for a full time entry-level Landscape Designer positions, with 0-3 years of work experience in landscape design or related field. Responsibilities include all professional aspects of landscape project design, including: assisting the project team with analysis, design development, and production of permit and construction documents. The desired candidate will also assist with construction related efforts such as project budgeting, scheduling, inspections, and administration. Applicants must also be able to contribute to project renderings and graphic design projects. The candidate is expected to possess a variety of artistic skills with both hand graphics and digital rendering skills, for the production of illustrative master plans, perspectives, elevations, sections, etc. The ability to work independently and in a team with strong analytical, oral, and written communication skills, and exceptional time management is required. Must have a desire to work on periodic planning assignments in addition to working on landscape architecture projects.
Morris-Depew Associates, Inc. is a full service land development consulting firm, specializing in planning, landscape architecture, civil engineering, and surveying. Headquartered in Fort Myers, with branch offices in Tallahassee, and Destin, the Morris-Depew Team offers multi-disciplinary expertise founded on honesty, intelligence, and a commitment to our team. We share pride in the Company and respect each individual’s contribution at every level.
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- BLA or higher degree in landscape architecture and related work experiences.
- Strong problem solving, creative skills, and communication skills.
- Proficiency with design software including: AutoCAD 2014, Adobe Creative Cloud 2014, SketchUP Pro, ArcGIS, and MS Office.
- Strong artistic ability in both hand-drawn and digital mediums.
- Construction experience in land development and/or building construction, including: landscaping, hardscapes, pools/fountains, parks and recreation facilities, and/or resort—golf course—amenity projects.
- Knowledge of Florida plant materials and related USDA Zones 8b-11, along with familiarity with Florida Grades and Standards.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and relevant portfolio/work samples to: email@example.com. Candidates will be evaluated based on relative work experiences, work samples, degree work, and performance interview. Please visit our web site at for more information. Valid Driver’s License necessary and must pass background check. Company is a drug-free workplace.