Want to work in a team environment and play a pivotal role in the success of Southwest Florida’s future development and redevelopment?
Morris-Depew Associates is looking for a full time Planning Technician. Candidates will work under an AICP supervisor with growth and advancement available as experience is gained. Our Planning Department works closely with clients to understand the nuances and challenges of each property to develop unique solutions. The firm has had the incredible opportunity to work on some of the most innovative and impactful projects for our region over its 30-year history. As a Planning Technician, you’ll have a unique chance to continue to contribute to helping shape the future of our community.
- Research and compile information from multiple sources to prepare correspondence, proposals, and applications.
- Coordinate and execute routine office tasks including initiating telecommunications, data entry, tracking multiple projects and schedules, file and records management.
- Manage delivery of submittal items, setting appointments, travel arrangement and reimbursements.
- Deliver top customer service to clients, government officials, and other business partners, including, answering inquiries, and message handling.
- Complete multiple tasks with minimal supervision
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Must have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Possess ability to collaborate in a team setting and make routine decisions independently.
- Strong oral and written communication skills and exceptional time management are required.
- Two or more years of experience in the use of land development codes in the preparation of applications for review by a public agency required.
- Bachelor’s Degree with a major in Planning, Environmental, Political Science, or Public Administration is desired.
- A valid Driver’s License necessary and must pass background check. Company is a drug-free workplace.
What We Offer:
- Morris-Depew Associates offers opportunities for advancement
- A competitive salary, bonuses and opportunity for flexible work schedule
- Excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, life, health and fitness plans, and 401(k)
- Job Type: Full-time
To Apply: Send resume and cover letter to [email protected].